Thursday 13 December 2012

28mm Appleseed: Deunan and Briareos


I recently watched the three Appleseed films.

Appleseed (ova 1988): Your basic cliché 80's Tasic Anime Cyberpunk anime.

Appleseed (2004): A film that pioneered the use of Computer Generated 3d imagery....so its rather cringe-worthy visually. The plot and characters also make no sense.

Appleseed: Ex Machina (2007): The best of the three. Uses 3d graphics again, but it looks good thing time round! Also its just generally better written. If your going to watch one, it should be this one.

Yeah, well, yeah...one line reviews aside, after watching those films I dug out an old miniature of the main characters that I must have had for 5 or 6 years now. I got it from Ground Zero Games at the Salute wargames show the first time I went.

The miniature painted up really nicely. Sorry about the crap photos. Not sure what went wrong there....but believe it or not the model looks all right in person!

I'm going to stat the pair up for Necromunda at some point. I think I can slide them into my home-brewed 'mash-up' Post-Apocaliptic setting, probably as Enclave officers.

DSCF1796

The anime super-girl Deunan Knute, atop the shoulder of her giant rabbit-cyborg lover Briareos Hecatonchires.

DSCF1798

MM.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work on this duo. I can't recall if I've seen these movies or not I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete