Thursday 4 August 2011

C'zarist Baltic Squadren.

A post at last!


I've been painting a Baltic squadren of Russian Ironclads over the last week, circa the 1880's. They are 1/2400 scale. I'm hoping to put them into action against my friends Home Fleet, whenever he gets round to painting them. 

Photobucket
^ The squadren all together.

Photobucket
^ General Admira, 'The Queen of the Queens of the Sea'. The worlds first armoured cruiser. The model is from Tumbling Dice, to which I have added a box battery to out of balsa wood. I really, really like this model.

Photobucket

^ Kreml, a run of the mill Ironclad. Another Tumbling Dice model.

Photobucket
Petr Veliki, [Trans: Peter the Great], a rather large and powerful Russian Turret Ship based around the basic design of the HMS Devistation. TD again.

Photobucket
Tsesarevich, the Russian Battleship-of-the-line. I know its a little out of period (the real ship being from 1899), but it was a fairly old design when it was constructed (by the French) so its not too much of a strech to use it a few years before. Shes from GHQ, and cost far more than the others. The increase in price really shows though in quality and detail though. Its perfectly cast without a single mold line and the detail is better than most of the 1/600 ships that I own. Totaly worth it.
Photobucket


I'm looking forward to adding some more ships whenever I get round to it, probably rather soon. 

Marx
 



No comments:

Post a Comment