Sunday 8 June 2014

Vicky Heads East

 photo IMG_4231_zps68749b4c.jpg

Goodmorning Internet,

Today I present the third incarnation of one of the favourite models in my collection, 'Little Vicky'. She's a 28mm/1:56th Scale Vickers Independent, produced by Copplestone Castings.

Since the last time that I showed her off, she's had a good going over with Modelmates Weathering Fluids. I cannot praise this fine liquids any higher. A review and 'how to' of them will appear on here before too long, so I wont go into all that now - but it suffices to say that they are my new favourite way to get a tank 'looking real'.

 photo IMG_4249_zpse7b70f68.jpg

Since I was very young I have visited The Tank Museum (in Bovington, England) on a worryingly annual basis. If you have not been there, go. It is perhaps the finest collection of armoured fighting vehicles you will ever come across.

For as long as I can remember, my favourite war-machine in their vast assemblage was this five-turreted, rivet freckled, prototype monstrosity. When Copplestone brought out a model a few years ago, I bought it without any hesitation – however this was rather foolish as all of my 20th century stuff is in 15mm. However, it was bound to only be a matter of time before she took centre stage.

Recently, the colourful history of the Russian Civil War, particularly those parts of it that took place in Central Asia and the Far-East, have taken over my bed-time reading. Inevitably, I now feel the compulsion to war-game the period.

 photo IMG_4251_zps2f6937b8.jpg

The Independent never got beyond the prototype stage: but perhaps that's just what 'they' want you to think.

Perhaps, just perhaps, some weapons and advisers made their way East.

Perhaps 'Little Vicky' will make the Bolos pay.

 photo IMG_4238_zps605ed41f.jpg

Mr. Marx.

The Lead Tally - 2014

Acquired: +39       Painted: +22          Total: -20

No comments:

Post a Comment