Tuesday 29 January 2013

Whether the Weather be hot, Whether the Weather be ROBOT

Good afternoon 'The Internet',

I'm waiting for my 12mm Cold War stuff to turn up so I can throw myself into that little project, but cursed by my nature I felt like painting something last night. I didn't want to set off on a new project that would inevitably take my butterfly mind off the cold war stuff, so I just rusted and weathered up my model of Liberty Prime.

DSCF1951_zpsb339e64a photo DSCF1951_zpsb339e64a.jpg
 "Liberty Prime is online. 
 All systems nominal. 
 Weapons hot. Mission: the destruction of any and all Chinese communists.

Its just a few washes of Rusty Brown and Orange mixed with some brown ink, applied liberally to the effected areas. I've tried to hide the terrible split lines and awful bits of sculpting on the model by making them features, marking them out with a crusty-rusty outline.

I might do something with the eye yet, give it a 'pupil' like GORT has in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'. Not sure yet.

MM.

2 comments: